View Single Post
Old 09-11-2007, 03:46 PM

Default Re: AA gets checkraised by Tight villain

I can't fold aces here, we are in position and he could have alot of hands that we beat. If you c-bet alot he can even think that you missed your hand and c/r with AT+s, 88+ and such hands, no? Doesn't a villain like this play his flushdraws like he played this hand? Another thing to have in mind is that if he is fairly competent he knows that a flop like this is perfect to (semi)bluff against your range. The only hands we would not like him to have here is 33, 55 and 66. No way this guy calls with a hand like 74s.

I think it's way to weak to just fold this. One argument I buy is that you've not invested alot of money in the hand, don't wan't to play big pots against this specific opponent and therefore just lay it down. But if theres not a) alot of terrible players on the table or b) you make money overall against this guy playing small pots, and c-bet him alot(if he folds easy to c-bets) or whatever, I think you should find another table.

I call and see what happens on the turn. If he checks to me I bet big, if he bets out; THEN i fold.