Thread: Guns in America
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2007, 03:13 PM

Default Re: Guns in America

[ QUOTE ]

To legally sell a gun as a buisness you must have a FFL. However many people who sell guns at a gunshow do try to sell under a loophole of selling their "personal collection". Because you are allowed to sell your personal guns at gun shows w/o filling out any of the paperwork if either party had a FFL.

[/ QUOTE ]

That varies from state to state. The point remains that if you are selling a gun, you are bound by either the laws covering a licensed dealer or by the laws covering a private sales. A private sale is covered by the appropriate state laws, and those laws in any state are generally the same whether the sale actually occurs at a gun show or anywhere else.

The impression you would get from the media and the would-be gun controllers is that guys in turbans and robes are flocking into gun shows and buying up truck loads of assault rifles because of the "gun show loophole".

[ QUOTE ]
P.S. - I don't know if I misunderstood you or not I do know that (in Tn) even if you have a CCP you still have to go through their "instacheck" with TBI.

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume that TBI is the TN Bureau of Investigation. I was referring to the federal check. As far as I know, the feds waive their check any time the state requires a permit and/or a check. And it is likely that the TBI also checks the fed database when they run a check.