Thread: Easy call?
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2007, 12:24 PM

Default Re: Easy call?

[ QUOTE ]
If you aren't instacalling his shove and getting it in on this flop then check the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shaun (and all)... can we discuss this concept a bit? I think this is an area I'd like to understand better because I think it's a big leak for me.

My problem lies in differentiating between the situations where this concept applies and where leading out may be appropriate even if you're planning to fold to a push. I could see making a $2k c-bet here with a hand like TT and folding to resistance.

And against bad players (which is what I'm used to since I generally play $8 - $12 tourneys), I'd be leading this flop for value and expect calls from mid pairs, AQ, Kx, JT, and often even A-high with no part of the board. So I could see it being profitable over time to lead out this flop even if I'm folding to a push.

So I'd appreciate it if you could offer some guidelines for when the concept of not-leading-when-you're-not-gonna-call-a-push applies vs when it's ok to bet/fold. Buyin considerations? Position? Stack sizes? What to look for in flop texture? etc...

Thanks!

Matt