View Single Post
Old 09-11-2007, 09:28 AM

Default Re: 2008 Presidential Primaries

[ QUOTE ]
A vote to make a statement is wasted.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some feel that way. Others don't. I personally won't express an opinion. I'll say that a vote for Paul is a vote to make a statement...the good folks here can decide what relative value they feel such a vote has.

[ QUOTE ]
A better strategy IMO would be to vote for the "least bad" repub, which as a repub I will probably do. The issue of poker aside, I would probably lean toward Thompson.

[/ QUOTE ]

My personal vote will involve more than only poker, of course, but my discussion here on this thread is poker-only (same as the NRA; they don't worry about candidates' non-gun rights positions at ratings time).

[ QUOTE ]
And as far as dems go, there is no way in hell I would ever vote for Billary. The fact is that in the presidential race we don't have good choices that have a realistic shot to win. But then again, being as any pro-poker bill will probably not be stand alone but instead attached to something else, we probably only need someone who isn't so against us as to veto such a bill for that reason alone.

[/ QUOTE ]

For the strategy you mention, I personally think Giuliani is the best candidate to get as pro-poker a Congress as possible, for reasons discussed earlier (keeping FoF home on Election Day). Otherwise, it appears Obama is the only top-tier candidate in either party who may support us. Thompson is an open question. I sure hope we can find out where he stands soon.