View Single Post
Old 09-11-2007, 08:28 AM

Default Re: NL25 - easy fold??

[ QUOTE ]

donking this flop sucks...
if you get called what do you want to do?
if he folds well you just folded out a worse hand...
if he raises youīre [censored]...
your main problem is the way you played preflop. you have to make a decision right there. you canīt call for set value and you apparently didnīt want to call for overpair value. why do you call if you fold to a cbet since villain will obv cbet AK and also AA or KK or whatever a high % of the time.
Imo you screwed up preflop big time and that is why you battling on the flop. c/f really sucks though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that pf is bad, but I think a donk bet here is better than a ch/c when u're in this spot..
The fact that u might fold out a worse hand, is that terrible in this spot? Isn't it better to fold out a worse hand here than to get bluffed out of it?
If he calls u have to play poker with the hand and be on the outlook for timing tells, it might lead u to having to muck this hand on later streets, but it might pick u up a nice pot as well... If u get raised on the flop u fold (without reads)... Are u arguing for ch/c-ing it down? (I know u wouldn't have been in this spot in the first place and neither would I..)