View Single Post
Old 09-11-2007, 03:01 AM

Default A Story, A Hypothetical, And A Question:

The Story

When I was in school, I was classmates with a kid named Bobby. He was Iraqi. We were friends, lived next door to each other, played football together, etc. Once a week, Bobby's family would only speak in their native language as a way to remember the family that was still there. Bobby's a pretty typical american kid. Smart, plays sports, likable guy. At my 10 year reunion, I hear he's changed his name back to "Babak", which it was at birth.

The Hypothetical

So let's say that tommorrow Bobby gets his hands on a couple machine guns and fires into a crowded mall crowd. 100 people killed, including him. The media dives into his life and finds nothing. No terrorist ties. No problems with his friends, no warning signs. Later, we find that his family was killed in Iraq because of a bombing.

The Question

What do you think about this? If we ARE in the middle of a war, casualties happen, right? Or do the rules only apply when it's somebody else's civilians dying?

How would the rest of the world react? How would the rest of the country react? Would we even have an election in '08? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]