View Single Post
Old 09-11-2007, 01:37 AM

Default Re: Lets talk about love TLDR!

[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure the more experienced posters of The Lounge will weigh in a lot stronger here. tarheel, you can think about it all you wants, but not experiencing it another thing entirely. I've only had one serious relationship and there were times that I know I absolutely was filled by my definition of love. Of course, it faded away in some ways as she drifted apart and quit openly showing care for me.

When this question comes up, I always think of the corny bench speech in Good Will Hunting. I would imagine that there is a lot of truth to that scene about experiencing things before you can truly understand them.

Essentially, despite the fact that I feel like I've been through love in a short term sense (a year or so), I don't think I feel too comfortable or set in stone in my beliefs to properly answer this question.

I look forward to those who are more experienced in life to chime in, with particular regard to the concept that trying to figure out what love is by thinking about vs. experiencing it.

[/ QUOTE ]

ouch, did i offend you somewhere along the line? i was going to say something similar about backing off b/c i'm less experienced, but now let me revise my initial post: i've experienced emotions that could be/are categorized as love by some. i just don't perceive myself as having been in love, but i've experienced enough to know what i think it is. the concept is so amorphous that its debatable how/when a person would actually know anyway, hence the original post.

edit: i think i'm still going to back off though.