View Single Post
Old 09-10-2007, 08:35 PM

Default 5/10 river Nut Boat against QUADS?

5/10 PLO 6max
played a lot of headsup recently--very little 3+ handed. tryin to adjust to the nutpeddlin nits.
game's been pretty tight. no reads on players but everyone seems fairly solid/standard/TAG.
effective stacks = 1000

UTG, CO, Button limp. I complete SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. 5handed to the flop.

Flop is K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I check, checked around. (not looking for "please bet flop and you wont be in this spot" comments--i obv do that most of the time)

Turn is T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I check, checked around.

River is T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I bet 2/3 pot. CO raises pot. I min 3bet. CO thinks less than 2 seconds and 4bets pot.
I fold.

river thoughts?

at the time i figured this line gets max value from JT. I dont see him ever checking the flop 2nd to last to act with JJ unless he has JJ+nut flush draw or knows something about button betting when checked to in limped pots that I dont know. KT is unlikely and cant see him 4betting river with that. TT is the only hand i could see a sane player showing up with in this spot.

problem with my river line is a good player can exploit it by 4betting any T if he knows i need quads to call. (that's not really a problem but it crossed my mind at the time)