View Single Post
Old 09-10-2007, 07:38 PM

Default Re: This Never Happened to Me Before - Ruling

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
>>>>>There is soemthing you seem to be missing here. The Player didn't muck his cards. He gave them to the dealer after the dealer pushed the pot.

And the practical difference is what exactly? The cards end up in the muck. The ruling difference is what exactly? I know of no rules that distinguish giving the cards to the dealer to be mucked, or mucking them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Once again, please consider listening to all those who have been playing live and posting on these forums for years. Significant action had happened. The difference is that SB can't just sit there and hide his cards and talk to his friend without paying attention to the game and use that to his advantage.

SB kept his cards from being visible to everyone, including the dealer - who was seated right next to him. He should have protected his action instead of worrying about the gossip. Asking for the full amount including OP's raise is a lame angle shot.

[/ QUOTE ]

To be honest, I'm not sure if his cards were hid from the dealer. They were on the other side of his chips (so I couldn't see them). This means the dealer probably should have saw them. Does this change anything? I don't deny that there were several mistakes involved.

1. Me not noticing the sb hand't folded (if I'm in the hand, I should know who has cards).

2. The 10 seat not paying attention (and putting his cards to where they weren't visible to everyone).

3. The dealer probably should've realized that she hadn't collected the 10 seats cards before pushing me both blinds.

So it really was a comedy of errors that I never saw before. I probably raised and looked away for a sec and when I turned back, I saw the bb fold and the dealer giving me the blinds, I just assumed they both folded. I guess what I'm saying is everybody played a part in the mix up.