View Single Post
Old 09-10-2007, 07:36 PM

Default Re: Time Travel Game: how would you make money?

Are you guys considering spreads here? I know who won a handful of games, mostly Knick playoff games, but I only know the point spreads on a few of them. The most immediate thing to do is get a job and a very cheap place to live, very possibly moving to Vegas ASAP as well. Then put as reasonable an amount as possible on Dallas to win the SB, before the season starts or near the beginning.

If you find someone for election betting, bet on Clinton, and Giuliani I believe was running for mayor back then as well. I could also try to find some degens to prop bet me that Ross Perot will win 19% of the popular vote, within 2% either way. Should be able to get decent odds on that.

Seinfeld - if I get transported right this second I'm lucky, because I'm currently watching the 1992-93 season on DVD. I could write a treatment of one of the episodes ("The Airport" being the most likely candidate, and I'd probably write it as some generic show) and get it out there just enough that it's out there, but not enough for the Seinfeld people to have read it. This aired in November-December and I'd sue for a reasonable ruling (I don't want to screw up the entire future by messing up Seinfeld), NBC would hopefully be willing to settle long before the one year is up.

By now it's NFL playoff time, all I know is that obv Dallas wins every game. If I need spreads I'm sunk.

Pre-NBA season bet on the Bulls if I have the bankroll. There are 2 NBA playoff games that I'm comfortable enough with the point spread to bet on. Oh also there's the Suns in the first round - they lose the first 2 games at home and face elimination despite having the best record in the league, so the Sonics are obviously locks for beating the spread. Then I'd bet on the Suns coming back.

Anyway, hopefully I could eventually parlay all of this into the million by August. If not I'd probably be pretty close, within half, so I'd bet the farm that Michael Jordan retires - this might not have happened before September of '93, but it would be my last best shot.