View Single Post
Old 09-10-2007, 07:28 PM

Default Re: This Never Happened to Me Before - Ruling

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Had I mucked my hand as soon as I saw the bb fold (assuming I was the only one left), I would wholeheartedly agree with you. Seat 10 gets the blinds AND my raise.

But what I learned from posting this, is that the dealer awarding me the pot makes all the difference in the world. Seat 10 must speak up BEFORE the pot is shipped!

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? The dealer makes yet another mistake and this should work in *your* favor, not SB? This kind of ruling just invites collusion and cheating between a player and dealer. The dealer could be shipping a person early pots once a night (missing players "inadvertendly" because they were talking/half-hding cards/insert excuse of choice) and the player slipping him a few bucks outside for the benefit.

[/ QUOTE ]

But why should I be penalized for the dealer's mistake, the 10 seat's hidden cards, not to mention his inattention to the game? So you'd rule that I lose 2 small bets because of this and the 10 seat gets rewarded 3 1/2 bets, because he didn't even realize there was a hand in progress?