View Single Post
Old 09-10-2007, 04:41 PM

Default Re: 2007 SEC Football Thread

[ QUOTE ]
So what's deal with Tebow?
I remember hearing he put up crazy passing numbers in HS, but he was used last year as essentially a running back taking a direct snap.

Does he have pro potential?
Will he get the chance to show it now that he's the main man?

[/ QUOTE ]

Haven't you seen his stats this year? Obviously vs mediocre opponents but he's been insanely accurate. No INTs yet & he has the best passer rating in the country I believe. He's run the ball awesome this year as well, still running bitches over, hence my title/location. UF's offense is one of the best in the nation simply because of him. They are in 4 town territory from anywhere on the field. You can't let the Gators get in 3rd and short or 4th and short in good position because he will not be denied with an awesome OL/FB/RB in front/along side him. We just have too much talent and options in that area.

Tennessee is going to have to put men in the box and force him to throw deep/across the middle and hope to force turnovers. No way they win if for some reason they decide to play zone. Dan Mullen/Urban Meyer are best at ball control offense despite what many think which is how the Gators were effective on offense last year.

Why wouldn't he have a chance to show it? UF has the deepest/best WR core in the nation that has only got deeper the past 2 games.

As for pro potential, he has a ton of upside. Very strong arm & throws the deep ball very well. His mechanics were not great but he got a lot fixed in the off season and looks really good now with a very good release. The only thing he really struggles with that would hurt him in the pros is like a 15 yard out route. Most people have issues with that but he seems to lose quite a bit of velocity on those balls.
His deep ball/crossing routes are much better than Leak he just has to work on dropping balls in behind DBs in intermediate/short routes, he has some issues with like wheel routes, etc.