View Single Post
Old 09-10-2007, 03:29 PM

Default Re: NL50 - KK 3bet pf, unsure about the river

[ QUOTE ]
We fold out a lot of worse hands by betting the flop hard, better hands will be calling and raising. Also because we are so deep I think its better to keep the pot controlled and see the turn. I think that flop helps a good portion of his range too.

[/ QUOTE ]

OP don't take my following post personally. There is just a lot of things in this post that I see constantly in uNL and I can't take it anymore.

I'm so tired of reading 'worse hands fold, better hands call'. I swear this is the most misused phrase in uNL. People suck, they call with worse all the time. And this hand is certainly not the time to apply it.

And checking for pot control? After you 4 bet pf pot control is out the window. You have $60 left and the pot is already $40! You aren't deep enough to check this flop. Not too mention you are OOP so how are you controlling the pot if villain bets?

And what are you hoping for villain to hit to catch up and be able to call a bet? Catch his two or 3 outer? If he does your beat. Not too mention how fishy 4 betting and then checking looks.

I 4 bet bigger pf. You gave him over 2-1. I bet the flop. As played not sure how you can bet river. You don't think he calls with worse on the flop, but he will call a big turn bet and river bet when a scary card hits? Does that make sense?