View Single Post
Old 09-10-2007, 03:16 PM

Default Re: Stranger Approaches My Daughter, Gives Her a Present

[ QUOTE ]
Well..we may be living in very different circumstances LFS. I live in a suburb of NYC but see my share of nut jobs and pedos in the local paper every day. I also have an eight year old daughter.

There are plenty of times when you read/hear about something terrible happening to a child and then after the fact people say things like "yea...I saw that guy hanging around but didn't think anything of it at the time". The point I was trying to make is that if more people DID say something some of those situations might be avoided.

As for the going out to get smokes thing...well..duhhh!! Obviously no one is going to leave a 2yr. old alone on purpose. The point is that there are people out there who make it their mission in life to catch you off guard and get that kid alone, even if it's just for a few seconds. That's all they need to get the upper hand.

You guys can make fun of me if you want. The world is a dangerous place though my friends. Here are a couple of random numbers I just dug up for the year 2002

2000 reported missing children (under 18) per day
Most are mistakes - I thought you were picking him/her up, etc.
%25 turn out to be family members
58,000 are non family member abductions.

[/ QUOTE ]