Thread: Commerce hand
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2007, 02:49 PM

Default Re: Commerce hand

[ QUOTE ]
Commerce high stakes game.

Tight/solid player opens in MP, very good player 3 bets the small blind, I call 2 in BB with AQo

Flop J 10 4 rainbow, sb checks, I check, mp bets, sb folds and I call. Turn 8, I check/call. River offsuit Q. My play?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you have an easy fold preflop here. This cannot be a good spot unless your opposition plays poorly, and you claim SB is a "very good player."

But then again, how good of a player can SB be to 3 bet in this situation and then check and fold on this flop?

I would have bet the flop after SB checks - your hand is too good to fold in a decent-sized pot and somebody should be forced to pay multiple bets to take a card off - make it be one of your opponents.

Once the SB decided to check and fold, then calling is fine (this actually worked out great for your hand).

Your turn play is fine, especially if you don't think being aggressive will get you the pot very often (I don't know if it will or not, but I'd tend to think not).

Down the river, what kind of hand do you think the MP has? Really, he's given no indication of anything, since we've only been checking and calling. Part of the problem with your line is that you have done nothing to eliminate any of his hands, so we're guessing here - you haven't even ruled out 99 from his holdings.

That said, I think it's close between betting and checking and calling. I'd tend to bet, though. I'm also not folding if raised - this is a big pot.