View Single Post
Old 09-10-2007, 02:24 PM

Default Re: Stranger Approaches My Daughter, Gives Her a Present

LFS...
I realize that by your own admission you were caught off guard here, but as a parent you need to be focused and on the look out for EXACTLY this type of thing. This nut job has now perfectly set himself up to interact with your daughter outside of your presence. When her natural reaction to shy away from him kicks in he will calmly remind her of who he is and that Daddy knows him now and said it was OK to take things from him, etc.

If you can still describe him or pick him out you need to go back to that cafe (without your daughter) and ask a few questions and see if he is hanging around there. I do not think it is an over-reaction AT ALL here to call the local police and let them know that they *may* have a child predator working their neighborhood. If nothing else this creep may feel the extra heat and move on.

Also, since you provided a picture you still obviously have the trinket. If your daughter has been allowed to keep it (although I guess not since you state you are Jewish) that needs to be corrected ASAP. Lastly, a little reminder conversation about taking things from strangers AND talking to, going anywhere with them is also in order.

I hate to sound so paranoid/cynical but this a screwed up world we live in and there a lot of really ugly people out there.