View Single Post
Old 09-10-2007, 12:01 PM

Default Re: Commerce 9: AA, family pot, monotone flop

I definitely think the LRR was right...perhaps this was the best spot for it i've ever seen. The MP player was raising VERY often, but was not likely to 3-bet.

on the flop,

Kit wrote:
"bet.

if its get raised and 3 bet behind you gtfo "

This is what my plan was, although I was wondering if perhaps a Check & CR if bet comes from original preflop raiser (MP2) or later would be better.

James wrote:
"problem with [checking] is we check, there's a bet and a raise, we're faced with two cold against what could be a Jack and a big club initiating action. i think we'll get more honest reactions if we fire versus someone else betting."

True, and that's another reason i didn't check, but thinking about it now, it seems that with as dead as i might be already, even that action might be ok (i.e., folding there wouldn't be a huge mistake). (If the bet and raise came from LP and button, and the blinds folded, I would 3bet for sure.)

I bet, UTG+1, who seemed to be a pretty good player, raised, 2 or 3 more callers, blinds fold, I call. Turn is not the Ace of spades, nor any other card that could reasonably be expected to help anyone.

Check this time? Or bet and hope that UTG1 raises a draw, pushing out other draws?