View Single Post
Old 09-10-2007, 11:32 AM

Default Re: EDF Cooking Contest--Grilling Challenge

I wish I took pictures but I grilled dinner for 6 friends last night.

Step 1- pick up high quality meat at Cumbrae's. The usual suspects were:

-2 chicken burgers
-2 steak burgers
-2 lamb burgers
-6 gourmet all-beef hot dogs

total cost about $25 but very much worth it. They use 35 days dry-aged Cumbrae beef exclusively. The burgers were prepared with all kinds of fun stuff inside as well (some nuts, green onions, oil, salt, pepper etc.).

Other ingredients
-1 red pepper
-1 green pepper
-3 yukon potatoes
-6 pieces of corn

For the corn, i pulled off the outer husk and removed the silk, leaving the inner husk in tact. That took about 10 minutes. Then I soaked them in water for approximately 30 minutes. After absorbing the water, I peeled back the husk, smeared each piece of corn with butter and sprinkled salt and pepper on.

I cooked the corn (with the inner husk on) with a propane grill for about 20 minutes (flipped it about 4 times) and the burgers for 5 minutes on each side.

The hotdogs I cooked on the grill in 3-4 minutes until they were blistered on each side.

The potatoes I sliced up, smeared with olive oil and montreal steak spice and oregano and cooked on my george forman grill inside for 10 minutes or so. Peppers were also on the grill, smeared with salt, pepper and olive oil. Buns were toasted in the oven.

Again, I wish I had pictures but the end result was simple and amazing and took about an hour including prep.

link to cumbraes