View Single Post
Old 09-10-2007, 10:35 AM

Default Re: Who is most recognizable worldwide?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I honestly could not recognise a single baseball / basketball / American football player in history. Michael Jordan? No idea. Tall muscular black guy I guess, but I can't put a face to him. Maybe if I googled him it'd look familiar, but I couldn't tell him from Magic Jordan (the other name I know). In fact with the exception of boxers and tennis players, the only American sportsmen I could recognise are OJ Simpson, Tiger Woods, Hulk Hogan, and - oh wait, a basketball player - Dennis Rodman because he was on the TV show Big Brother here in the UK, but I had no idea who he was at the start. These sports that are just big in the US don't mean [censored] to the rest of the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, I bet you didn't live in America as a kid. The fact that you would even admit this amazes me. I played basketball and golf in college and follow all sports adamantly. The fact that there are even people who aren't Americans that exist is astonishing. How in the [censored] can you not know who Michael Jordan is? Do you live somewhere other than America?

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP