View Single Post
Old 09-10-2007, 10:16 AM

Default Re: *Official* Philadelphia E-A-G-L-E-S Thread (2007-2008)

I just don't get why Greg Lewis or J.R. Reed who are inexperienced punt returners would try to "get aggressive" when they are out there fielding punts in their first NFL game doing so.

Isn't it common to be tentative and conservative while doing new things?

Wouldn't the Eagles new special teams coach Rory Segrick or whatever his name is + Andy Reid preach conservative play aka staying the hell away from balls near the sideline as well as fair catching any balls that are borderline?

Oh, and don't think the Washington game is such a lock. The Redskins have the type of offense that gives the Eagles fits...a decent run game with a burner on offense.

Could easily be an 0-2 start...which is why the 13 points they gave away yesterday afternoon really hurts more than ever.

I'm a lifelong Philadelphia resident and fan of all the sports teams (I'm not sure many know that here) and I'll be here all season but right now my initial 9-7 prediction looks like it holds true.

While I'm at it some player grades

Donovan McNabb..C (pretty poor though I thought he moved better as the game went on, wtf were some of his gift-wrapped INTs?)
Mike Patterson...A- (played a really strong game, was quick and wreacked havoc, Bunkley performed pretty admirably as well)
Greg Lewis...F (easiest grade ever if you watched the game)
J.R. Reed...D (I'll be nice and say that he can be counted on to be solid returning KICKS)
Sean Considine..A- (good tackling, solid in pass coverage)
Reggie Brown...C- (somebody should tell him the season opener began at 1:00 PM EST not 3:00 PM...didn't do anything in the first half and wasn't that productive in the 2nd half)
Sav Rocca...C (basically performed worse than Dirk Johnson, wasn't as impressed as I was with him in the preseason)
David Akers..A- (okay on kickoffs, solid on field goals, seems the holding situation is on the right path)
Jason Avant...B+ (such a dumb penalty but I see a lot of improvement in grasping this offense
Brian Westbrook..B+ (one of the most dangerous weapons in the game still...looked good running the ball...was put in horrible situations inside the Red Zone in the 2nd half with all those dumb screens to him)
Andy Reid..C- (good that punt returns aren't important!)