View Single Post
Old 09-10-2007, 12:59 AM

Default Re: Christians/Jews - Who should be more concerned?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Jews are to Christians as Christians are to Mormons. Jews and Christians share the same foundation, but diverge starting with Christian's belief in Jesus as Son of God. Christians and Mormons share the same foundation, but diverge starting with Mormon's belief in Joseph Smith as Prophet of God. So debating the Jesus issue (as it concerns Mormons) is missing the point and would be like Christians and Jews debating about Moses, not about Jesus.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kaj, Your statement looks correct. However, I would say that Christians are not to Jews as Christians are to Mormons.
Christians believe in the basic tenants of Judaism, because Christians believe in the Old Testament. Jews adamantly don’t believe in Christianity, simply because Jesus met none of the standards of the Christ as foretold in the Jewish Bible.

Therefore, Jews totally reject Christ, whereas Mormons accept Christians....

[/ QUOTE ]

I said Jews are to Christians as Christians are to Mormons, NOT Christians are to Jews as Christians are to Mormons. Jews totally reject Christ just like Christians totally reject Joseph Smith.

And what do you mean "Mormons accept Christians"? They don't believe they are saved or God's chosen people based on what I've read of Mormonism. So how do they differ compared to Christians views of Jews?