View Single Post
Old 09-09-2007, 10:14 PM

Default Re: No more Jman on Cardrunners?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I find it amazing that everyone loves that Jman video so much, because "he explained his thought process so well".

It's a while ago, but the flow of the session that I remember from it was that he always folded to a re-raise, made a move once but gave up and pretty much won zero pots.

If you try to emulate that style, you start with a potsize raise, make your continuation bet on the flop, get re-raised and then go through your selection of 101 very good reasons to fold. No wonder that even Hellmuth called him a nit on HSP.

I am curious if he really plays like that or if it was some sort of false tell, trying to create an image so he gets more action in the future. I mean it's a pretty good investment after all. You make a vid and show the whole world how weak-tight you are and it sticks with them for months. As we all know, the secret of success is honesty. Once you can fake that, you've got it made.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are wrong on so many levels.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can only comment on what I saw from him so far on the vid and on Cashpoker. Aparently Hellmuth got the same read on HSP which is an amusing coincidence.

Since poker is a game of samplesize, he may very well be the most aggressive, tricky and unpredicable player on earth...

[/ QUOTE ]

I take it you didn't watch any of the HU match vs boosted j

[/ QUOTE ]

where do I find these videos?

[/ QUOTE ]

no videos of it that Im aware of, though I doubt anyone who watched more than 10mins of them playing would call Jman a nit