View Single Post
Old 09-09-2007, 07:48 PM

Default Re: NL200 - 2.5 stacks deep w/mid set. Bet size?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why did you decide to flatcall preflop instead of 3betting?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because he was very aggro when someone showed weakness. I knew that if I c-bet flop whit any over card present and he called me, I would have to chk back turn for pot control and likely face a PSB on river form a lot of hands while I might be good. Also did'nt went to let him 4bet PF.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you based this decision too much on avoiding possible hard decision postflop.

Against this particular opponent you have to 3bet for value. You're way ahead of his opening range AND you're ahead of his calling range when you 3bet --> $$

You could be faced with a tough decision postflop when villain plays back at you and the board gets ugly, but you get those situations aswell when you flatcall, only with less money in the pot.

3Bet for value and play well postflop will make you a lot of money against this player.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't really agree with this. Re-raising preflop will not only make the hand easier to play postflop (which is good, playing TT vs a lag 250bb deep will get tricky on tons of boards), but also decrease our skill advantage against this tool. We're basically making this hand play less deep postflop by re-raising preflop and I would assume that our postflop edge vs him is great, especially deep. Bad players don't better than to stick it in with tptk in a raised pot, even 250bb deep which clearly is a mistake. By re-raising preflop we're certainly decreasing the amplitude of this kind of mistake.

Playing this hand un-raised will also be very profitable postflop, we don't at all mind taking the flop 4-ways as in this case and even if it becomes HU we still have an edge vs our opponent that we can capitalize on ip.

Imo we don't need to push our preflop edge, honestly it sounds like an argument that's more suited for limit hold'em where stack sizes, deception, etc doesn't play an equally big role. You don't happened to have played limit in the past?