Thread: is this easy?
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2007, 11:28 AM

Default Re: is this easy?

here's my problem,

that bet screams "don't call me". I mean screams it. Screams "scared of the flush draw."

I also had a specific history with this guy.

you guys are saying don't make big mistakes. Passing up clear opportunities to win stacks are big mistakes.

<font color="white">I called, everyone behind me folded, and villain had 2nd pr no kicker no draw. Then villain had no chips.

I already hear "you got lucky, don't do that ever again." but the fact is that</font> I don't think you need much of a read on a player to rule out big big hands and any draws here. that leaves a range that we're ahead of and a big pot there waiting for the taking. <font color="white">Villain made a huge and typical microNL mistake: turning a hand with value into a pure bluff. He also totally gave away his weakness with the size of his bet. I mean cmon, a set is NEVER going to shove into a $1 pot there.
</font>
Again, this guy was capable of blocking bets and postflop folds. Given that information he sure understands pot odds and would try to push flush draws out in that situation. Given his specific history with me he's likely to overbet the pot in doing so. Given the size of the overbet, he's likely to have a really crappy hand that absolutely does not want to be called.

I'm not trying to make it that complex. I think folding would make the thought process too complex because it would imply that villain is overbetting a big made hand and anticipating that I (or someone) would read that bet as weak and make the call with a lesser hand. IMO someone who overbets his stack into that micro pot is not on that level.

Those of you who advocated a fold, I have a couple of questions for you:

1)what specific range do you give villain here?
2)what's the worst hand you'll call with here?

thx!