Thread: Donkey Test
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2007, 10:51 AM

Default Re: Question #49

[ QUOTE ]
I admit, this question really confused me. when would you ever choose anything other than 88? The only reason to choose AK is if you put him on a 10, but then why go all in?

Now, if the question were, which hand would you like to have if the player calls your all in, well then obviously I prefer the AK, because my 88 is probably beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't want a call. So, you need a hand that will have the best chance of standing up against villain's hands that might actually call. That means Tx, JJ, QQ, and KK - all hands that 88 is drawing to just 2 outs with. But with AK, you have 3 times as much opportunity to suck out if he calls. Obv. if he has a set you're in trouble, but otherwise, you want to (1) make him fold, and (2) have the most outs if you're called by a 1-pair hand.

So, I said AK. Remember, you are LAG, he is reraising and betting light, so he could very easily have a weak hand that can't stand the pressure of a push. And he will also probably call with TP or better. So, I like AK.

If he folds, it doesn't matter what you have - even a set ends up the same as 88 if he folds.