View Single Post
Old 09-09-2007, 09:59 AM

Default Re: Congratulations WPEX on dumbest improvement ever

[ QUOTE ]
Jesus this has to be a joke.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I think Triggerle and Pokertini were joking; But their comments are accurate in the context of level 3 tracking. The 6 tracking levels have to do with the scope of information referenced at any given time while playing poker.

Level 1 - Available buttons only
Level 2 - Current state only
Level 3 - Current round only
Level 4 - Current hand only
Level 5 - Current session only
Level 6 - All possible information

The level 6 tracking databases contain info that spans days, weeks, month, even years. They are possible because sites force end-users to play with a single trackable screen name. There are more than a few players that have been requesting the ability to use multiple screen names as a means to counter level 6 info.

For me personally, I think level 6 tracking data is a very natural part of the computer age internet environment and it seems to me that those who are against it are wanting something that goes against the grain of the online game.

I applaud the WPX GM for this experiment because it will go a long way to gather hard facts about what players want. And even though I think there will be lower demand for the HH'less tables, I still like the idea of actually putting the tables out there just to see what happens. I much prefer hard experimental data over and above the opinions and predictions of 2+2'ers.

RIIT