Thread: Guns in America
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2007, 04:03 AM

Default Re: Guns in America

[ QUOTE ]
I was glancing through the 'numbers' section of the most recent Time Magazine.

One portion absolutely amazed me:

Number of guns in the U.S. for every 100 citizens, according to the 2007 Small Arms Survey, making it the most heavily armed country in the world. India has the second largest civilian gun-arsenal tally, with just four firearms per 100 people.

[/ QUOTE ]

They're twisting the numbers like the typical propgandists they are. They say "the most" because in pure numbers, we do have the most. But then they throw in "90 guns for every 100 citizens". If they looked at percentages, the third world crapholes like Somalia and Bangladesh probably have a much higher per-capita ownership. You can walk down to the corner bazaar in those places and buy a fully automatic AK-47 machinegun for like 40 bucks.

[ QUOTE ]
To me, these are just startling numbers. I've always felt a little uneasy about how easy it is to attain firearms in the U.S. and all "guns don't kill people, people kill people" arguments aside i truly believe most people aren't responsible enough to own one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn! Most of us should be dead! With 270 million guns running around loose in irresponsible hands in this country, it must be a freaking MIRACLE at least 5 or 10 million people a year aren't killed with guns.

As long as we're going around denying Constitutional rights based on beliefs, I don't believe most people are responsible enough to vote either. If people can't read English to the point that ballots have to be printed in 20 different languages, those people shouldn't be deciding how our country gets run. And how about the press? They leak national secrets, secret Grand Jury testimony (Bonds), make false accusations, declare elections won before counts are done, and just generally screw up. Shut the bastards down! No more free press.