View Single Post
Old 09-09-2007, 03:29 AM

Default Re: Korean food is tasty (8/b)

When someone raises right out of the door with an Ace, I generally don't like calling with those types of hands 63(6). If he has Aces, you're a dog, and if he has 3 low cards, you're not that much ahead of him, really. And, if someone behind you calls, then you're kind of in limbo because you don't really have a low draw and your high is so-so. Other than that, I play the hand the same including the river. If he had AAA the from the beginning, then he played it like a wuss.

The other hand: 65(6),on 5th street, I could go either way, cehck or bet. Assuming he was playing a low hand/draw, then the 6 probably didn't pair him, and if he leans towards the aggressive side, then I'd probably check 5th to see what he does because I wouldn't want to have to call a raise. And, if he does happen to check it behind you, then that's Ok, too, because if he's on 4 to a low, then he also might have a straight draw against you as well. And, on 6th, I think you have a check/fold not a bet for value. I mean, what can you really beat here, a pair of 5's maybe? The rest of this hand, if you do continue, is all up stream.

Oh, and I know that you said this Ali guy runs worse than anyone you know, but I guarantee this guy has a leak or two in his game that is cauing it to appear as if he is running bad. You just don't run bad on a regular basis because you're "unlucky." Sorry. Anyway, take advantage of him and call it what you will; thing is, the guy is doing something wrong so you might as well try to exploit it.