Thread: is this easy?
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2007, 01:54 AM

Default Re: is this easy?

[ QUOTE ]
Over the past couple months of seriously retooling my game, I've learned something that applies to this hand: Your opponents aren't really as sophisticated as they constantly seem to be, and you don't really need to be asking questions like this.

Yes, he could be trying to steal a pot, or he could have a better ace than you and not like the fact that there are four opponents ready to suck out on him with all of those draws, or he could have a monster and be thinking that with that many people in the pot, someone just has to have an ace that they don't want to fold. But none of that is really important to your decision. What is important is this:

You are facing a decision for your whole stack while out of position with a mediocre hand and two players left to act after you do.

This means fold. Yes, Villain could be making a big error that could win you a whole buy-in. But if he will do it now, he'll do it again later and hopefully you will be in a position to capitalize on it. This is not that time.

Really, I've learned that the key to the micros is to just sit back, play it really simple, and wait for the donkeys to screw up when I'm way ahead.

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone memorize this last sentence please.