View Single Post
Old 09-08-2007, 05:53 PM

Default Re: Men and Women in the Workplace

[ QUOTE ]

Are women and guys like this in most work environments? Are women maybe less productive because of it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh my god, are you kidding? Hell yes they are less productive! People who do this have a lot of nerve.

I have a problem in that the girl who does this the most at my work happens to be a friend of mine. Some days she doesn't seem to want to work and proceeds to talk ALL DAY LONG. It's getting to be ridiculous. The rest of us are fairly quiet and focused on our projects. My friend doesn't appear to see anything unethical or disruptive about yapping on the phone for hours (personal calls). She talks so loudly that we all get to hear about her dumb personal problems and her friends' personal problems. Then, she gets out of her seat when she's bored and comes over to MY desk to chat me up. Sometimes it's about her babysitter or her husband, but often it's about some news story. Why do I want to hear this crap in the middle of a work day? It's driving ME [censored] crazy.

I don't know what to do about it. In a way I'm resentful that I have to work so hard while she's probably paid more money to chat with her friends. And why does management not notice?