View Single Post
Old 09-08-2007, 04:55 PM

Default Re: Top 5 TV programs of all time

I found this list really difficult, because there are so many TV series I really love. So I approached it this way...what 5 series would I like to be stranded on a desert island with. Rewatchability is the sign of quality and genuine greatness.

so here goes

1. Twin Peaks - I guess this is self-evident, given the recent episode by episode thread I've been running. Some moments in this series are the best moments or most shocking moments on TV, and apart from a 6-7 episode run in the middle of season 2, pretty much every episode had something either astounding or downright awesome (and I use that is its proper sense - it inspired awe) within it somewhere.

2. Married With Children - I still watch an 3-4 episodes a week, over and over. Al, Peggy, Kelly, Bud, along with with Marcy and Steve (who was fine) and Jefferson (who was spectacular) are just comedy gold. Oh and a big up to two of the incidental characters - Officer Dan and the onsite news reporter Miranda Veracruz de la Jolla Cardinal.

3. Futurama - Just love this. Every episode.

4. The Office (UK) - Brilliance, no other word for it.

5. Blackadder - Never gets boring, always funny as hell. Lord Flasheart is easily one of the great comedy characters ever.

And my sincerest apologies to I Claudius, The Outer Limits, X-Files, Fawlty Towers, Singing Detective and Star Trek (Original series). You'd be the next 6.