View Single Post
Old 09-08-2007, 02:28 AM

Default Re: BURN AND TURN. Dealers Please!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

IMO management shouldnt need to come on an internet forum and ask others for advice.

[/ QUOTE ]

which perfect world do you in? I want to move to the land of make believe. Say hello to Mr Rodgers for me!

[ QUOTE ]
Its their job to know what to do. Otherwise they shouldnt be in that position.

[/ QUOTE ]

The vast majority of people in poker room management have no management background, they are former dealers.

[ QUOTE ]
Figure this should get the crowd riled up

[/ QUOTE ]

Photoc is always riled up, give that man his lithium.

[/ QUOTE ]

TT...What is the point of the statement that the vast majority of poker room management started as dealers. I would think that 90% of managers out there started at the bottom no matter what they did. Whether its Mcdonalds managers, managers at walmart or managers of a poker room. I suspect every manager started at the bottom at sometime. Its not like they just walked into the job as managers.

Not fantasy land just the facts i would think. In this situation OP said he was a dealer 10 yrs ago. Now what has he been doing since. If its managing and he is coming on here asking what to do well then i dont think he is the right manager for that position. Again I am a supervisor in my position as well.IMO if i came in here and asked how to do my job or what to do if mistakes happened well then i dont think i should be doing that job then. Managers are suppose to know what to do. Right or wrong?