View Single Post
Old 09-07-2007, 10:41 PM

Default Re: Dealing with moron neighbors

[ QUOTE ]
3) We have as much right to the street as anyone else. This "streets are for cars" stuff is nonsense. Seriously, nonsense. I know cars are on the road. But rule #1 of the road is that pedestrians have the right of way.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is just plain wrong. Cars have the right of way in the street. Depending on state laws, pedestrians have the right of way in a crosswalk some of the time, and that's about it. That doesn't mean that a driver isn't often at fault if they hit a pedestrian, but as a person on foot, it is your duty to GET OUT OF THE WAY. That does not constitute the right of way.

You people think that because you can afford a house in the suburbs that normal traffic isn't going to pass through the street or something. If someone driving down your street at the legal speed limit creates danger for your children (which is what you just said), then YOUR KIDS SHOULD NOT BE IN THE STREET.

You have a driveway and a yard and lots of other places you can go. Sounds like you need to use them until your kids are nimble enough not to get splattered.