View Single Post
Old 09-07-2007, 10:07 PM

Default Re: Pick the five sporting events you wish you had seen in person

in 2004-2005 illinois had one of the best teams in the country. in the elite 8 we had one of the best comebacks in ncaa basketball history - down 15 points with 4:04 remaining we came back to win.

The game was played in the suburbs of Chicago, 15 minutes from my house. I was going to go buy some scalped tickets with a friend when we heard they were going for $250+ per ticket. Now, $250 is a lot of money, but I was playing 5k and 10knl online at the time so it wasn't like I couldn't afford it.

We ended out saying screw it, and just going to a party and watching it. I'll always regret not going to that game and I've pretty much learned my lesson that if something is really important to me (i'm fanatical about illini bball) i'm not going to be extremely nitty about having to pay top dollar for it.

The illini went on to the final 4 - I got skybox tickets with a friend and had one of the best times of my life that weekend. I learned my lesson, but I still wish I had attended that elite 8 game.

tc