View Single Post
Old 09-07-2007, 09:32 PM

Default Re: SHEEP Playoffs - Week 3 of 5 (Friday Reveal)

[ QUOTE ]
Why is there still arguing about which is a scarier natural disaster?? You all need to do research. Which sounds more scary?

[ QUOTE ]
Shaking and ground rupture are the main effects created by earthquakes, principally resulting in more or less severe damage to buildings or other rigid structures. The severity of the local effects depends on the complex combination of the earthquake magnitude, the distance from epicenter, and the local geological and geomorphological conditions, which may amplify or reduce wave propagation. The ground-shaking is measured by ground acceleration.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Large trees and most signs may be blown down; there may be structural damage to small buildings; mobile homes will be destroyed. Serious flooding will occur at the coast, with severe damage to shoreline structures and flooding up to eight miles (13 km) inland at elevations of five feet (1.5 m) or less.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
We get back to the hotel room late Saturday night around 1:30-2ish. The parking garage is full and I think durron's going to snap at the poor Russian parking attendant named Boris, who obviously is just doing his miserable job. So durron pulls into the parking lot to turn around and slams his rearview mirror right into the stop sign in the middle of the road. He's calling the attendant all sorts of bad names and I'm wondering if now is the time to jump out of the car and run for my life. durron finds a spot in front of the hotel and says "i'm going in to have some words with them." I made no effort to get out of the car, because frankly, I didn't feel like being an accessory to murder.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]