View Single Post
Old 09-07-2007, 08:13 PM

Default Re: PokerStars say you can break their rules

[ QUOTE ]
Why are there so many sanctimonious arseholes on poker forums?

I agree that PS handled the situation well, an the quoted article by Lee Jones articulates their thinking well.

But that's no reason for the all the rudeness to OP.

Different people have different views on various rule breaking and OP was quite happy to accept that his thinking was in the minority here.

Most posters simply gave their views politely, but a few just had to go that little bit further and be objectionable.

Why?

PS. You may well find this post to be self referential!

[/ QUOTE ]

Why indeed?
(copied from a Google search---)

(Quote)Why do people bully?

So, we’ve mentioned that people who bully are usually in a more powerful position than the people on the receiving end of their behaviour. Now you might be asking yourself: “Does this mean that people who bully are powerful?”

The answer to this is “No!". But usually they want to feel powerful and bullying somebody and making them feel scared or small is one way of doing this.
Also, they are usually in a more powerful position than the person they are bullying in the places and at the times where the bullying happens. (End quote).

Here the more 'powerful' people are the regular 2+2 posters.

They do it because they like the feeling bullying gives them. The people who enjoy this feeling usually have a poor image of themselves, but not always.

For those that have no power in their everyday lives, and aren't real comfortable with themselves, they look for avenues in which they can be in control.

So A) If I call you stupid, ergo---
B) I must be smart.

Pathetic, but there it is.