View Single Post
Old 09-07-2007, 07:09 PM

Default Re: Let players use drugs.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I said I wouldn't want a situation where teams/colleges have to compete for the best drugs as a Coach or an Administrator.

[/ QUOTE ]

Replace the word drugs with players....

What the hell is the difference?

[/ QUOTE ]

From my perspective, there is a moral/ethical difference obviously. There are financial ramifications as well.
I'm not saying I don't get where you're coming from, I'm capable of thinking about it from a fan's point of view.

[ QUOTE ]

Seriously, the league CAN'T get any more uneven.... the top teams will still be the top teams. They will still schedule their seasons around home games and weak opponents. I don't really understand how you're saying "The level is OK right now.... but OMG if Team A blows out Team B by 7 more points a game, the world will explode!" Where are you coming up with the stop point? College football being considered as a league is a joke, whether they implement steroid usage or not won't change that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, actually it can get a lot more uneven, there's plenty of open legislation involving recruiting/admittance/grades where they would differ from conference to conference and even from team to team within a conference.

It already sucks that there are different requirements. It could get worse.

There are open discussions about training regiments, budgeting for strength and conditioning, how much a team could spend on "legal" enhancement products and it could differ from each of the above.