View Single Post
Old 09-07-2007, 06:33 PM

Default Re: Am I doing something wrong? re: biceps

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I developed a trigger point on the outside of my right forearm that kept me from lifting at all for about 4 weeks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey what is this trigger point your talking about? I have been having some noticable pain in the same place as your talking about, but I still continue to lift? How bad is this?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not a doctor and never went to a doctor, so take this with a grain of salt.

Basically it was a hard knot that developed on my right forearm, and it hurt badly when it touched anything or was under any stress at all.

For a couple weeks it was bearable, then one week I was doing bicep curls and it became too painful to lift. Couldn't lift again for around 4 weeks.

I think it was a combination of bad form on my bicep curls and the amount of stress straight bar curls put on your forearms, which is really unnecessary. I mostly use the EZ-bar now and just mix in the straight bar every now and then.

What I read about trigger points is they basically occur in an area where the muscle has been under a lot of stress and has become torn. There are pics and diagrams on WebMD that explain it better. It's similar to tennis elbow.

Edited to add: Just my opinion, but I don't think it's smart to lift through that sort of pain. Wait till the pain subsides, start using good form, and switch to the EZ-bar.