View Single Post
Old 09-07-2007, 05:17 PM

Default Re: It Wouldn\'t Take Much

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think Dawkins sums up your point quite nicely when he states that the universe would be a very different place if there was a personal God.

[/ QUOTE ]

I missed this. In what aspects should we expect a different universe if there were a personal God? The things I listed, and what else? Where does Dawkins say this?

[/ QUOTE ]

He mentions this quote, usually in his debates. For a specific instance he states this in his opening statement with his debate with Alistor McGrath. Here is the link. Debate

I assume what he means when he says this can perhaps be evidenced by miracles in general. If a God actually did break the laws of physics to perform these tasks, there would be evidence of such, and that evidence would provide as a result a much different Universe.
However, more interesting I think, is Neil D. Tyson's similar argument; that if there was a design with us in mind, that design would be much more efficient. Exampled by the fact that we breath, talk, eat all out of the same hole, or that our spinal cord is built out of non-healing cells as opposed to say some copper wiring, or the sheer existance of the fact that it appears the Universe is trying to kill us at every turn. In short, if a Personal God would build us a Universe ust for us, we should expect a much more human friendly design.