View Single Post
Old 09-07-2007, 03:48 PM

Default Re: Software products that you think are really good

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There are 3 different versions of Quicken Personal, so I don't even know which one to start with. Even the most basic one seems to have a bunch of unnecessary stuff though, like ways to pay your bills. I really don't want to link up my bank accounts to other programs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have Quicken 2004, and I use it only as a basic checkbook register, albeit for four different accounts--three of which I have since closed but were on earlier versions of Quicken that carried over.

FWIW, even the Geico cavemen could quikly master Quicken's basic checkbook register functions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes Quicken is very good. I've used it ever since I got my first Windows machine in the early 90's, which came with Quicken preinstalled. I haven't kept a check register in about 15 years.

Just get the most basic version. The online bill paying and account linking stuff is all optional. The only thing I use that for is to import my Interactive Brokers statements. It's good at tax time because I can just print a report with all my trades, cost bases, and profit and loss in the same format it needs to be on my tax forms.

[/ QUOTE ]

quick question...is there a program that can handle bank accounts/ms money type stuff in different countries? I am a dual citizen and most of my poker money is in the states but most of my daily stuff is in Canada.