View Single Post
Old 09-07-2007, 02:50 PM

Default Re: *official 2007 red sox thread*

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm still trying to figure out where the power in the lineup is going to come from when Manny's contract expires and our outfield is Ellsbury/Coco/Drew.

First MLB outfield evar to hit less than 30 HR combined?

[/ QUOTE ]

I see us trading coco in the off-season..Ellsbury is definitely ready now and should start next season

[/ QUOTE ]

really, you SEE that happening? i will lay you decent odds that it doesn't happen....ill let you name a price and we can go from there.

i mean this will kill my bet, but why on gods green earth would the red sox want to trade crisp at this time? his #1 asset is his defense and defense has been shown to be vastly under appreciated by the large % of baseball teams. hes also fairly cheap and is probably a better hitter than we have seen. not to mention the other two starting OF's are either playing horrifically and/or have developed apparent habits of missing chunks of games at a time.

ellsbury can be on the 'bench'next year and still get 400 PA's w/o much trouble IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

how many times have the red sox said they can get guys on the bench 400 bats like wily mo and hope to have them continue their development--granted wily mo this season did not warrant the at bats-- but they weren't even close. What makes Ellsbury different? Barring an injury getting a 4th outfielder 400 at bats is unlikely