Default Re: OT: [censored] thread, September, READ RULES IN TOP POST

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
but for some people even a little exposure eg 20 a day for 10 years

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL @ that being a little.

PS - I think its crazy that in Ontario (where smoking is no longer allowed in restaurants/bars) owners say t he new legislation has hurt their business. Who would want to smoke while they e at? And can you imagine choosing not to go and eat a nice meal because you arent able to have a cigarette while eating it? LMAO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate laws that ban smoking from bars and I don't smoke. If a bar wants to ban smoking go right ahead but to tell a bar that it must ban smoking is crossing the line.

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely disagree with this. I should be able to go through the day-to-day routines without every being subjected to someone else's bad habits. I like to be able to choose my vices.

This means that I don't think smoking should be aloud in any place were the general public can reasonable be subjected to it.

So, this includes bars/restaurants, stores, and any other public place. This also includes the immediate vicinity around the entrances/exits to these places. I really hate walking out of a building and my first breath of what should be fresh outdoor air is actually a lung full of smoke from the smokers huddled around the doors.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate when smoking is aloud. There's really no reason it shouldn't be quiet.

Seriously though, I hate smoking. It bugs the hell out of me. I can smell when someone in the car in front of me on the freeway going 75 miles an hour is smoking. I grew up in a smoke filled house and just always hated it.

I can go along with it being legitimate to ban smoking in really public places like a bus or a train or even a stadium built with public funds, but I'm too much of a libertarian to think that if someone owns a bar they shouldn't be able to let the idiots all smoke.

Still, I appreciate living in my relatively smoke free world.