View Single Post
Old 09-07-2007, 01:52 PM

Default Re: WSOPCE and the WSOP website, you guys are NOT going to believe thi

I think you're taking this way too seriously.
First though I'll give my thoughts on the Bluff e-mail and what might have happened.

Harrah's gets e-mail from you with a Q that they think Bluff knows the answer to. They do a reply-all or forward everyone's e-mail of your Q and their response over to Bluff thinking they'll know to respond to you.
Bluff sees your address in there somewhere and thinks you were the person that Harrah's had forwarded it to and that perhaps you were a Harrah's person to contact about trying to find this.

Something like that anyway. Your address got forwarded to Bluff by Harrah's and they mistakenly thought you were affiliated with Harrah's somehow. This stuff happens.

Anyway, Harrah's is lazy and doesn't run their website very well. Similar to many businesses that annoy me actually but I'm not about to pester them until they get their act together. That's me doing their job for them and I'm not interested in doing that.
It's up to them to actually become professionals and fix their stupid mistakes and I do not count on Harrah's to figure out how to do this.

Regarding the blinds-structures: It's likely they either hadn't decided or simply don't know OR they are just using similar structures to what they've used before.
Do these things really change THAT much from one $500 prelim-event to another? I thought that most of the events at the same buy-in across the WSOP-C would be pretty much the same.
$500 event at Tunica should have same structure as the $500 event at Caesar's I'm guessing. If it's different I can't imagine it would be by very much but that is admittedly just a guess.

I do agree that it would be wise on their part to publish the structure ahead of time and don't really blame you for wanting to know. They should realize that it is something their players are interested in.
But I really think you are wasting your energy by trying to push and push until they do it the way you or I think they should.
I really don't think they are listening or care. If anything, you are just an annoyance to them.
They might even make up something and give it to you ahead of time just to get you off their backs...and then when you arrive there find out that the structure is not the same as what they said.
Even if they aren't going to intentionally deceive you like this I have to think that any blind-structure information you might be able to get ahead of time may not actually be what they end up using just because they seem to have enough miscommunication through their ranks.

Also stands to reason that they reserve the right to adjust the structure at the very last minute depending on how many entrants they get or how many dealers they have or how many tables they are able to use for the tourney combined with number of alternates...stuff like that.

When I played the WSOP main-event in 2005 we didn't know what the structure was going to be even the day before the event started partly because they were concerned with there being too many entrants.
We ended up with 100 minute levels instead of the regular 120 minute levels.
They were considering using 11-player tables to start but decided they didn't need to I guess.