View Single Post
Old 09-07-2007, 01:29 PM

Default Re: Speaking of sexies...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sexy? Yes
C/R here mmm...prolly no, well maybe...mmm...he prolly thinks you have a set or A2. Hopefully A2.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf? A2?
uh, i think more times than not hes putting you on top pair. Almost stupid to check raise such a dry flop with a set. I like the check on the turn. If he checks behind, he probably calls a bet on the river and you are winning the pot a lot more times than not.

[/ QUOTE ]

I re-read this. I was thinking you were up against the SB. I've found that when playing against bad player they put you on hands that are generally most visible. I guess 56 would be more visible. I've turned over a big pair (JJ) and had them show a bigger pair (KK) where they checked all the way after getting c/red on the flop. They say something like, "I thought you had a set" or "I though you flopped a straight." I often try to think about what my oppoent might believe I have based on how they play and avoid inserting my values into the thought process. I know A2 or A5 might sound stupid, but I've seen people play hands like this very often from the BB (any position really). I just comes down to what level of player they are and how they think.