Thread: JJ OOP, ugggh
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2007, 12:41 PM

Default Re: JJ OOP, ugggh

[ QUOTE ]
I would have bet the turn here but maybe thats too aggressivle. On a flop like that I see a lot of villians calling you cbet with a very wide range. Furthermore, because the flop is so coordinated he would likely raise the flop with most of his stronger holdings (2pair, FD+pair etc) and many players would try to take a free card by raising flop woth a FD. I think you see j10, j9, 98,87 etc. Keep in mind he open limped form the bitton. You can almost certainly rule out KJ, KQ, AQ, AJ, QQ, 10/10, 99. Even if you are behind on the turn you have a ton of outs, unless he has Khigh flush then your J of diamonds is likely good if a diamond comes given the he limped.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only issue with betting the turn is the question of what hands is he folding, and what hands is he calling with? I think that most/all of the hands that you beat fold to the turn bet. Next, like you said, you can extract value from lesser diamonds if the river comes a 4 flush. Betting will put you in a really tough spot if you get raised (you'll have to fold), but you can always c/c a small bet, or even c/r a larger bet from him.

Actually, I kind of like c/r turn here. Our plan for any river is to check.