View Single Post
Old 09-07-2007, 10:48 AM

Default Re: Middle Set Big Pot

[ QUOTE ]
So nobody wants to talk about the flop? Justin called 3 times on one street, and had good opportunities to raise each time. I'm not sure which line is correct, but I'd like to hear more reasoning.

[/ QUOTE ]

Joker,

The call reraise on any street is such a super stong play that it almost always means either a set or a huge draw that wants to make an equity raise. When you are playing agaist people who can read hands it isn't a great play to spring to life on the flop since anyone with a brain will know what you have unless there is a reasonable draw that is out there which in this case there is not. So basically, you will get hands like AA or KK to completely shut down on the big streets. Of course if the pot has enough players then you don't care and call reraising will still be correct. That is why Justin just keeps calling on the flop. This of course only applies to the flop. Call rereraise on the big streets is still one of the sexiest plays in LHE and always makes me feel like a star (got one in yesterday BTW.) [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]