View Single Post
Old 09-06-2007, 11:11 PM

Default Re: .02/.04 Turn call with overs?

To some extent I agree as value is there whether they stay or go if you hit on a call.

I obviously don't play a lot of math here so for me I play bluff equity and position in these situations.

A reraise opens a few more possibilities that don't exist with a call of the flop.

If I get 3 bet by third person its a clear fold. If I get isolation against early raiser and he calls me then I have free card value on the turn.

If I get 3 bet by early raiser its a clear fold on a miss on a turn.

But what do I do if I hit and there are 2 or 3 callers and the early raiser continues to lead?

Do I actually have a value raise position here?

I have read book of bluffs a few times and this reraise is a classic semi bluff flop action move.

Since utilizing it, I have found success. Comparing the bluff equity value by doing this its positive ev so far for me by reraising in this situation.

Playing math with 3 outs if I plan to call both the flop and the turn I am 7 to 1. I don't have the equity to call two bets at 7 to 1 here do I?

Assuming as the donk indicates that I am behind, then how is calling the flop positive?

Its positive if the others stay in but not sure if heads up it is.

If anyone calls one bet they are likely calling two considering the 3 bet situation. If I am ahead of them equity wise then aren't they helping my reraise value no matter what they do?

Probably completely wrong here but I still think its the right move to reraise the flop.