View Single Post
Old 09-06-2007, 08:22 PM

Default Re: list of funny stand up comedians

Dane Cook steals. Some of the stuff he does is funny, but he is notorious among other comics for his shameless theft of material. There was an entire Opie and Anthony show on XM Radio a few months back that pretty much just had eight or ten standups in the studio pointing out, in detail, how and from whom Cook steals. If I can find a link for that show, I'll post it.

Brian Regan is an amazingly funny comic, and he's even more impressive since he handicaps himself in a way by refusing to work blue. He is by far the funniest _clean_ comic working today, by a wide margin, and one of the funniest, period. He's coming to play Ithaca in October and I've already got the tickets.

Speaking of O&A, Jim Norton is an hilarious standup comic, but not for the squeamish or easily offended.

I agree with the immediately preceding posters about the late, great Bill Hicks. (i.e., The Man Who Gave Denis Leary His Entire Act)

In addition, Steven Wright may not be the _funniest_ standup comic ever, but he's definitely the _wittiest_.

--Scott