View Single Post
Old 09-06-2007, 08:00 PM

Default Re: Why I don\'t like Bellagio

[ QUOTE ]
I may have as much time in Vegas as anyone who doesn't live there over the past 4 or so years. I started staying at Bellagio as the guy who got me started playing poker, played there.

I was always treated well as I progressed up the limits and really enjoyed the quality of the games. So I wound up playing mostly there. After the Wynn opened and the Bellagio upped it's poker rates, the Wynn became my home away from home. The rooms were bigger, brighter and nicer; and I was treated very well by all. The one big problem was the games. The 30/60 didn't run all that often and hardly ever after the WSOP. When it did it was populated with many of my 2+2 buddies that I have gotten to know over the years. While I'm always glad to spend time with them, it doesn't make for a great game.

So last weekend, I decide to head to LV and play some golf and it turns out that the Wynn is booked, but the Bellagio has rooms, so it's back there for the weekend. Yeah, those fancy new chairs didn't hold up so well, it's still a tight fit between the tables, the waitresses don't hold a candle to the Wynn girls and the customer service isn't stellar. But geez Louise, there were at least 4 juicy 30 games going at all times. At one point in time I mentioned to my friend (who is a poster here) that it was staggering to think of the EV that I gave up by staying and playing at the Wynn over the last year and a half.

Maybe the best solution for me is to stay at the Wynn, show my face in the poker room enough to stay in their good graces, then take a cab over to the Bellagio for my serious poker hours.

[/ QUOTE ]

what do you mean the B upped their poker rates? was it not 10% 4 dollar max?

I love the wynn, but bellagio has some horrible play. it's unfortunate people don't want to spend the time to visit the wynn, where the game is better, girls are hotter, and way more comfortable.

TT, what needs to be done to get the Wynn as the biggest/best poker room? Just better customer/strip flow?

Also, TT, do you know brunson and sklansky? You seem to speak of them with quite some authority.

thanks