View Single Post
Old 09-06-2007, 06:53 PM

Default Re: poker rooms in London?

I played at Gutshot on a trip about 2 years ago now. You have to become a member, but at that time I could sign up immediately with no problem. I guess the laws converted back to the old way where you need to sign up in advance and stuff.

Anyway, nice little place. All pot limit games, which rule. There's so much action in those games. I had a table once where 4 straight players straddled every hand just so they could jack up the pot when it came back to them for their option. I would sit, wait for a hand, and get paid off handsomely when it hit.

As for tables, there were probably 20 at the most. Upstairs is a bar/coffee lounge/internet cafe type thing with a few tables. I saw Scott Fischman chilling playing online poker up there. Downstairs is basement type setup with 10-15 tables. I forget the exact limits, but the lowest limit was actually player dealt, which is super lame, but you don't have anyone to tip, so that's a tradeoff. This was all I remember from the 2 nights I played there.

Oh yeah, Gutshot didn't have the rule, but some other poker club I tried to get into had a strict dress code...at least a suit jacket, slacks, and dress shoes, so come prepared if you want to try out several rooms.